New & Returning Families

Families require a total of (3) proofs of residency
(2) documents from Column A (one item must be a lease, mortgage statement or tax bill) and (1) additional document from Column A or Column B

Column A
Minimum of 2 items required
One item MUST be a lease, mortgage statement or tax bill

  • Current Utility Bill
    (gas, electric, water, land line phone)
  • Lease
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Tax Bill or Assessment

Column B
One additional item required from Column A or B

  • Home Owner’s Insurance Policy
  • Renter’s Insurance Policy
  • Medicaid Medical Card
  • Department of Children and Family Services Voucher (DCFS)
  • Village or county occupancy permit
  • Social Security Papers

Please note that the Crete-Monee School District will not accept Driver's Licenses, State ID Cards, warranty deeds, Voter's Registration Cards, Federal Fire Arms Cards, cell phone bills, cable bills*, or credit card statements as acceptable proofs of residency.

*The district will accept combined billing cable with a home phone.
*If a child is eligible, the registration procedure is modified as defined by the McKinney Vento Act.

If you do not have a lease or mortgage in your own name and you reside in the home of another resident in this district both the homeowner and the parent registering a student must each provide three proof of residency documents.

NOTE: You may black out any personal information on your documents. We are verifying the NAME, ADDRESS, and DATE only.

Residency FAQs

What if I have an expired lease?
Families that have expired leases will be required to provide a current lease in addition to (1) of the documents listed above.

What if I am living with another family?
Families that reside in the home of another resident will be required to prove residency along with the homeowner.

What if I just moved?
If you have moved, please follow the residency guidelines for new families. Get the Change of Residency Form.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.