Leave of Absence

Life happens. Do you need a leave of absence?

On leave, be back soon!Ensuring that you protect yourself and your position by applying for the proper leave when you need time off is imperative. Any absence that extends for three consecutive days to five days requires a doctor’s note to validate your absence. However, any absence that extends from 5+ days will trigger a leave of absence requirement.

Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

Standardly, most leaves of absence are first verified for FMLA. The Family & Medical Leave Act ensures that staff who have been employed for at least 12 months and who have worked a minimum of 1250 hours are eligible for FMLA based on their own or their family member’s medical condition. Please review the forms below to request leave under FMLA or contact Mrs. Dana Holman, Benefits Coordinator at [email protected].

Department of Labor's Guide to FMLA

FMLA Leave Packet:

Leave Request Instructions
Internal Leave Request Form
Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee
Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member

Are you recently employed with the District? or do you feel your absence is not FMLA eligible?

Absences that fall beyond the scope of FMLA will require a personal or unpaid leave as defined by your collective bargaining agreement.  Please complete the FMLA documents above and you will be notified if your leave does not qualify for FMLA as well as what remaining contractual options are available to you. Review copies of the Collective Bargaining Agreements

Family Bereavement Leave Act (FBLA)

Are you experiencing a life circumstances that falls under these categories (below)? If so, you may be eligible for leave under the FBLA.

  • death of a “covered family member”;
  • a stillbirth;
  • a miscarriage;
  • an unsuccessful reproductive procedure;
  • a failed adoption match or an adoption that is not finalized because it is contested;
  • a failed surrogacy agreement; or
  • a diagnosis that negatively impacts pregnancy or fertility.

Documentation may be required to fulfill your leave request, please review the new FBLA law and documentation required form and link below.

To implement this leave, please contact the Benefits Coordinator at [email protected]

Are you in the Military? You have leave rights under USERRA.

First and foremost, thank you for your service! We at Crete Monee School District 201u want to ensure your ability to take military leave as well as attend any active duty training as a reservist is effortless. The Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act can assist with this. Please be sure to reach out to Mrs. Dana Holman, Benefits Coordinator, to provide your military verification documents. This will allow us to verify your status and make sure any necessary leaves are documented properly. Read up on your rights under USERRA.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.