From December 1 – January 8 our 3rd-5th grade classrooms participated in the Achieve 3000 December Reading Challenge. Achieve 3000 is an online reading program that focuses on non-fiction reading comprehension. The classrooms that participated were our general education classrooms that have English Language Learners (ELL) students. To qualify for recognition, students had to read at least eight articles and complete the comprehension assignments with 75% accuracy on the first attempt. Achieve 3000 Illinois Regional Director, Elizabeth Alvelo, visited our schools and recognized the top individual students as well as the top three classes. Students earned certificates and gift cards. The top 3 classes earned a pizza party.
The three top classes were:
- Ms. Sandra Quarles – 4th Grade, Talala Elementary
- Ms. Donna Bajic – 5th Grade, Monee Elementary
- Ms. Dee Juarez – 4th Grade, CSK Magnet
These students read the most articles where they earned 75% or higher on the first attempt and earned gift cards. Way to Go, scholars!!
The top students were:
- Jayda Owusu – 4th Grade, CSK (Ms. Dee Juarez)
- Alissa Sanchez – 5th Grade, Monee – (Ms. Donna Bajic)
- Caroline Devries – 3rd Grade, Monee – (Ms. Sherice Smith)
- Jason Farquar – 4th Grade, Monee – (Ms. Sue Cole)
Tied for 5th Place
Kennedy Perkins – 5th Grade, Balmoral – (Ms. Danielle Brown)
Johnte Washington – 5th Grade, Monee – (Ms. Donna Bajic)
Mrs. Quarles 4th grade class came in FIRST place for having completed 189 activities!
Monee Elementary students from Ms. Bajic's 5th-grade class proudly display their certificates!
Mr. Mane proudly stands with Mrs. Juarez and her 4th grade classes as they display their winning certificates!