CMMS Construction Update
NEW STATE OF THE ART FACILITY FOR THE 21ST CENTURY LEARNER
The Crete-Monee Middle School expansion creates an engaging space for grades 6-8. With a design driven by the school’s newly implemented International Baccalaureate Programme (IB), the spaces support global thinking and collaboration. In keeping with the school’s integrated curriculum, there are no defined departments or grades, demonstrating the interrelationship of disciplines. Professional development rooms facilitate collaboration between teachers and provide ample opportunities to fuse subjects and create a rich learning experience.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – Week of June 13th
- Construction of the new expansion at Crete-Monee Middle School in University Park is in full swing, with school slated to open September 6, 2016.
- The new addition is set for substantive completion on September 2, 2016.
- School and construction officials expect the building to be open for furniture delivery and setup as well as teacher materials by August 25, 2016.
- The construction project is back on track after experiencing some delays due to unforeseen conditions involving discovery of an underground 8,000 gallon tank, a subsequent two-day strike of sheet metal workers and inclement weather.
- With the sheet metal worker’s strike effectively ending on Friday evening, work began again on Saturday, June 4, 2016.
- A Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony has been scheduled for September 29, 2016. Please keep checking back as more details are forthcoming!