Message from the Superintendent
John M. Rodgers, Ed. D
Superintendent of Schools
This week our school year will officially come to a close. During this summer session, I would like to direct parents to several very important links on our website that will assist you in staying connected and informed about important school and community information.
- A digital copy of our school calendar is online. Please download the calendar onto your computer, cell phone, or print a copy for future reference. Tandem Calendar
- I would like to remind parents of our annual registration information and dates. Please be advised that when planning your work and vacation schedules, there will be no late registration this year. Please save these important dates so that your child may start school on time for the 2012-2013 school year. Registration Information
- As summer approaches one of the greatest challenges that many parents have is finding things for their children to do during the summer months that are constructive, interesting, enriching, and at the same time do not “break the bank.” This is a tall order but we have information on our website that can help. Please check out our new summer enrichment opportunity page. Summer Opportunities for Kids
- Many parents have still not discovered our Virtual Backpack page that is filled with many community opportunities, events, and services for families and students in particular. Please check out the many announcements that have already been posted just for the month of June! June Virtual Backpack Page
- Finally, I am encouraging parents to stay connected with district information. One easy way to do this is to sign up for our Notify Me service. All you have to do is enter your email address and select the items that you would like to be notified about. You also have the option to have many types of information sent directly to your cell phone in the form of a text message this is a great way to get information that you want sent directly to you as soon as it is posted on our website. Notify Me
I am encouraging all parents to periodically check our website for critical information concerning summer activities, summer events, and registration information for next year. Have a great summer, be safe and stay connected!