|| Welcome to the Counselor's Corner
Ms. Lindsey, Mrs. Bollam, and Mrs. Wilkinson
Welcome back to another year at Crete-Monee Middle School! We hope your summer was enjoyable. Throughout the year we will be going into classrooms to speak with students about a variety of character education topics. Our first presentation will be in September in the Science classrooms. We will be introducing students to their counselors and giving tips on how to have a successful 6th, 7th, or 8th grade year. In preparation for our Anti-Bullying presentation in October, all of our students will also complete a bullying survey. This will help us to educate students on how to be an advocate for themselves and other students, rather than to be a bystander. Here are some tips to help your student to succeed this year:
Make sure they attend school every day on time, unless they are sick.
- Make sure they get 8 – 10 hours of sleep each night.
- Have them eat a healthy breakfast each morning.
- Remind them to be prepared, pay attention in class, and take notes.
- Remind them to write down assigments for each class in their school-issued blue CMMS planner daily (or in one you provide!).
- Help them to start projects when they are assigned so they are not overwhelmed with the amount of work.
- Check their completed homework for quality and accuracy and have them do the same. Encourage them to turn it in on time.
- Require them to read for pleasure every day.
For more updates on what is happening in the Counseling Department visit our Corner again!
Mrs. Bollam, Ms. Lindsey and Mrs. Wilkinson
Cick here for Criteria for Awards
Click here for the Bullying Survey