Library / Media Center
Welcome to the Media Center at Crete-Monee High School
The staff of the Media Center believes that successful learners need to retrieve information from a wide variety of resources and technologies, to organize this information, and to present it effectively. The resources and technologies of the Media Center are available to all students and staff, providing them with the opportunity to succeed.
Reading and Research
*Student Resources in Context password: warrior
**EBSCOhost username: cretmonetrial and password: trial
New in the Media Center:
Not sure what to read?
Look into our crystal ball and ask the Book Seer to predict your next book.
What is Ms. Bertoletti reading?
Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.
Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil’s name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr.
But what Starr does—or does not—say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life.
(from Harper Collins)
The Media Center offers:
- 12,000 non-fiction (informational) books; includes reference, research, and career
- 5,000 fiction books
- 2,000 DVDs and VHS tapes to support curriculum
- Current magazine subscriptions
- CMHS Yearbooks, dating back to the 1940s
- Audio-visual equipment, such as TV/VCR and DVD units, projectors, portables screens, document, digital and video cameras.
- Forty-five computer stations, running on Google Chrome and linked to two printers.
- Connection to ILLINET (the State of Illinois Library Network) and SWAN (the online catalog of the Metropolitan Library System)
- Access to the following online databases: Student Resources in Context
- Destiny, the online card catalog for the Media Center; search by keyword, author, or title