Guidelines for Flyer Approval
District 201U often receives requests from various organizations to distribute information materials to our students and families. The Virtual Back Pack will provide users with a place to access information that has been submitted from parent groups, non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, service organizations, and business partners for distribution and information consumption.
All requests to distribute information must be approved by the superintendent. Organizations that wish to distribute information must first email a completed District 201U Request to Distribute Materials form
and a PDF of the flyer to Kristen Yudis
at least two weeks prior to the desired posting date.
Information notices or flyers must meet the following guidelines in order to be approved for posting:
- All information or proposed activities must be appropriate for students. Activities should relate to a school function, or purpose, or offer appealing recreational options for students.
- Activities should accommodate a community-wide need and must be significant for the population served within the boundaries of District 201U.
- Flyers may not include any verbiage regarding alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or similar products.
- Flyers cannot endorse political candidates, parties, or issues associated with a local, state or federal election.
- Flyers for fundraisers will only be approved for district organizations in which the proceeds will benefit the students of Crete-Monee.
- Information flyers will not be authorized on behalf of any organization which may create a disruptive force or a threat to the educational process, or may explicitly promote a religious ideology.
- Commercial publications are considered materials developed to promote products or services rendered for profit. The district will not approve the distribution or posting of commercial publications.
- The sponsoring organization’s name must be prominently displayed on the flyer.
- NEW! The flyer must include the following disclaimer: “This is not a District 201-U sponsored event. Any views or opinions expressed at this event are solely those of the sponsors and are not to be taken as positions, views, or opinions that are representative of District 201-U.”
Materials or flyers that are approved by the superintendent for posting on our website will be posted for informational purposes only. District approval of an informational flyer does not imply District 201U’s exclusive endorsement of any organization.