Coretta Scott King Application & Admission Information
Coretta Scott King Magnet School has an open enrollment policy for students who reside in the district and are eligible to be in grades kindergarten through fifth grade.
Admissions to the school are governed by Crete-Monee Board of Education Policy 7:53. You may access the full policy here
The total number of available seats per grade level is divided by each community according to the following percentages:
| University Park:
||40% = 20 seats in a grade level of 50 students
||35% = 18 seats in a grade level of 50 students
||12% = 6 seats in a grade level of 50 students
| Park Forest:
|12% = 6 seats in a grade level of 50 students
Coretta Scott King Magnet School Grades 1-5 Application
Each classroom is limited to 25 students.
- Applications for preschool-aged students are not accepted.
- The school has a Family Admissions Policy for kindergarten. Kindergarten eligible siblings will be accepted into the school if an older sibling is currently attending the school when the younger sibling becomes eligible to register for kindergarten. A parent/guardian must register the student during Spring Kindergarten Registration.
- Kindergarten students who do not qualify for Family Admissions may participate in the Kindergarten Lottery held each May. To be eligible for the Kindergarten Lottery, the parent/guardian must register the student during Spring Kindergarten Registration.
- Students who do not enter through Family Admissions for kindergarten or the Kindergarten Lottery will be placed on a waiting list.
- Through the 15th day of a new school year, open community slots will be filled from the waiting list.
- Families with students enrolled at Coretta Scott King must register their child(ren) during the regular summer registration period or 10 days before the first student attendance day of the school year(whichever is later) or forfeit their spot(s) to a student(s) on the waiting list.
- Annually, parents/guardians of students on the waiting list will be asked to verify their intent to remain on the waiting list.