- Master of Arts Degree, Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts Degree, Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Speech Pathology and Audiology
- The National Association for Education of Young Children Member
- ASCD Member
- GSU Family Development Center Advisory Board Member
Prior to becoming the Director of The Early Learning Center in 2013, I spent three years implementing administrative duties under Paul Kovacevich in addition to my position of Special Education Early Childhood Teacher. I began my tenure in the Crete-Monee School District at the Early Learning Center where I was a Special Education Early Childhood Teacher for thirteen years beginning in 2000. Before becoming a teacher I worked as a Speech-Language Assistant for the Crete-Monee School District for five years beginning in 1995.
I am a Crete Monee
High School graduate, along with my father and his family. I am married and have three children, two sons
and a daughter. Family
is an important part of my life and I take pride in setting positive educational values within my children. I am a lifelong learner and believer in giving back to the community. My husband and children have been supportive throughout my school endeavors and change in career.
- I believe that all children can learn and be given opportunities to learn.
- I believe that creating positive learning environments and experiences will give all children opportunities where they will develop their love for learning.
- I believe that working closely with staff, parents, and students will create an environment where everyone is working together to achieve success in learning and development.
- I believe education is a life long journey.
Early Childhood education is my passion and I look forward to working with our staff, students, parents, district, and community to continue a quality Early Learning Center. This is our student’s first school experience in our District and it is important to make it positive and successful. Thank you for being a part of our ELC family and I wish all of you a wonderful school year!