Welcome to the new school year! I am so excited to be a member of the Monee Education Center family! I have always known I wanted to teach; as a little girl I would spend countless hours creating Lesson Plans, Seating Charts and Record Books. I would then confiscate every chair in our house and move them to my “Classroom”, where I would teach my imaginary students. In my teens, I taught Tae-Kwon-Do Karate and horseback riding lessons. Prior to my daughter’s arrival, I began teaching in a Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program for children and adults with disabilities. This experience blended my lifetime love of teaching and horses; it was at that time I decided to return to school to obtain a Master’s Degree in Special Education.
My late husband Milt and I have one daughter, Alexandria. Alex shares my love of teaching; she was a Language Arts teacher at Crete-Monee Middle School for 7 years, until she and her husband Patrick had their first daughter, Emersyn. Patrick retired from a career as a Semi-Pro Baseball Player to become a teacher (And Coach), at Bourbonnais Upper Grade Center. Patrick and Alex have given me the gift of being the proud grandma of three beautiful children, Emersyn, Berkley, and Patrick. Berkley and Patrick are twins!
Milt was a Major League Baseball Player (Pitcher) for 17 years; drafted by the Baltimore Orioles directly out of High School. He played for the Orioles, the Cincinnati Reds, the Atlanta Braves and finally, the Chicago Cubs. At this writing, Milt is still the last pitcher to pitch a no-hitter at Wrigley Field (One pitch away from a perfect game), a record that he has held since September 2, 1972!
I am extremely approachable and will do any and every thing in my power to help our students find success. Please feel free to contact me if I can help in any way; my office number is 367-2663.
• Wright Jr. College: Associate of Arts Degree
• Northern Illinois University: Bachelor Of Science in Education
Major: Physical Education
• Lewis University: Masters Degree in Special Education
• Lewis University: Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational
• CM201U: Full Time Substitute Teacher (3 years)
• 1996 – 2001: Crete-Monee Middle School
Physical Education Teacher
REI (Regular Education Initiative): I developed and
taught an intensive Reading pull-out program
for at-risk students
Interim Disciplinary Dean
• 2001 – 2004: Lead Dean of Students, Crete-Monee High School
• 2002 - 2004: Principal/Site Coordinator, K – 8 Summer Bridges
• 2004 – 2010: Momence High School
• 2010 – 2016: Crete-Monee High School
Lead Administrative Dean of Students
• 2016 – Present:
Monee Education Center
Supervisor of Instruction and Special Education
I believe that:
• All children deserve the right to a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment that is conducive to learning
• As educators, we need to appreciate the fact that not all children learn by the same modalities, whether it be academically or behaviorally
• Once we understand that not all children fit into the same mold, we need to devise different and creative methods to reach ALL of our students
• All stakeholders need to feel an ownership within their learning community