• Director of Special Education endorsement, Governors State University
• M.A. Educational Administration Certificate, Eastern Illinois University
• M.S.W. School Social Work, Southern Illinois University
• B.A. Social Work, Southern Illinois University
• Director: Monee Education Center
• Special Education Coordinator: Crete Monee
• Assistant Principal: Chicago Heights, IL
• P.B.I.S. Coordinator: Murphysboro, IL
• Special Education Social Worker: Murphysboro, IL
• Medical Specialist: U.S. Army
Before going into education, I served in the U.S. Army as a medical specialist. I was deployed to the Middle East during Desert Storm where I served for 13 months. My travels in the military afforded me the chance to live and learn about many different cultures and belief systems. I am also a proud father of two daughters, Allison and Ashley.
In my free time, I enjoy biking, traveling and going to the gym. I also enjoy walking my dog, Mia who is a rescue from our local shelter.
• I believe every student is unique, and that we should foster their dreams and aspirations.
• Schools should provide a safe and caring environment where each student can grow both academically and socially.
• Communication between staff and home is vital in ensuring student success.
• All students should have the opportunity to have input on making their educational goals.
• Learning is a lifelong process; all stakeholders must make education a top priority in every young person’s life.