• Director of Special Education endorsement, Governors State University
• M.A. Educational Administration Certificate, Eastern Illinois University
• M.S.W. School Social Work, Southern Illinois University
• B.A. Social Work, Southern Illinois University
• Director: Monee Education Center
• Special Education Coordinator: Crete Monee
• Assistant Principal: Chicago Heights, IL
• P.B.I.S. Coordinator: Murphysboro, IL
• Special Education Social Worker: Murphysboro, IL
• Medical Specialist: U.S. Army
Before going into education, I served in the U.S. Army as a medical specialist. I was deployed to the Middle East during Desert Storm where I served for 13 months. My travels in the military afforded me the chance to live and learn about many different cultures and belief systems. I am also a proud father of two daughters, Allison and Ashley. Allison is attending the University of Alabama at Birmingham on a track and Cross Country scholarship as well as academic scholarship as a nursing major. Ashley is attending the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), studying marketing and is in the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority where she volunteers her time to serve many other organizations.
In my free time, I enjoy the challenge of training for marathons, biking, traveling and going to the gym. I also enjoy walking my dog, Mia who is a rescue from our local shelter.
• I believe every student is unique, and that we should foster their dreams and aspirations.
• Schools should provide a safe and caring environment where each student can grow both academically and socially.
• Communication between staff and home is vital in ensuring student success.
• All students should have the opportunity to have input on making their educational goals.
• Learning is a lifelong process; all stakeholders must make education a top priority in every young person’s life.